[current slide = 049 of 211]
The original entrance
The far end of the eastern branch of Scorton Creek
was once a wide, flowing tidal creek which, when closed off,
developed into a salt marsh by the process just described. In
fact, the area in the picture was near the entrance to Scorton
Marsh before Capt. Hammond moved the entrance in 1905.
[Click for next slide]